Imagine a stereo pair of speakers which are put on the side and pushed close to each other. It will be the simplest soundbar, though, on the other hand, many soundbars are exactly such a stereo pair, only enclosed in the general case. Strange as it may seem, using the soundbar instead of a regular TV speaker system will considerably improve sound quality, which you will appreciate especially while watching films. Usually, such a soundbar also contains a built-in subwoofer, which positively influences the sound quality. Today we will take a look at the difference between a subwoofer and a soundbar. Let’s start!
Table of Contents
A Soundbar With A Subwoofer
For the best bass quality, it is necessary to have a look at soundbars, which are equipped with a separate subwoofer. The latter can be connected to the soundbar with a cable, but modern models tend to use a wireless connection. Our experience shows that the overall sound experience of a soundbar with an external subwoofer is much stronger than that of a model with a built-in subwoofer, regardless of cost. Keep in mind that wireless subwoofers are connected to the electrical grid, so you need to make sure you have the ability to run the appropriate cable to them.
The Benefits of Installing A Subwoofer in A Car
The primary task of a low-frequency auto speaker is to qualitatively change the melody being played. The sound, which can be achieved thanks to this speaker system, will please even the experienced audiophile. Moreover, you can effortlessly use a subwoofer as a Speaker. The obvious advantages of installing a passive subwoofer in a car should also include:
- Individual adjustment in accordance with the driver’s preferences and the peculiarities of the music itself.
- Clean deep sound.
- Saturated bass.
- Bright sound without extraneous external noise of the car.
- Wide choice of models.
- Easy self-installation.
- Remote control.
- Synchronization with other audio equipment and technics.
- Availability of standby mode.
- No heating of the speaker while working.
- Availability of (optional) built-in microphone for determining the position of the sub in space and automatic regulation of the sound character taking into account the peculiarities of the environment.
- Ability to modify the characteristics of the sub by adding frequency filters.
- Ability to use different types of enclosures: closed box, box with inverter, inverter, bandpass.
- Affordable price.
- Significant sound reinforcement. Compared with the sound from the built-in TV speakers, the volume will be several orders of magnitude higher. Even at maximum, you won’t hear the speakers’ hoarseness and other similar distortions. At the same time, the total power of the soundbar must be taken into account. The higher the power, the louder the sound will be. It is advisable to choose such a model so that the limiting volume for the listener is not more than 70% of the maximum volume of this device.
- Improved sound quality. It will optimize the clarity of the playback of individual audio tracks, there will be a well-readable bass. All this should please music lovers. Cinema lovers will experience a semblance of surround sound. The presence effect, of course, will not be the same as in-home theaters, but the sound will not be completely flat and monotonous.
- The compactness of the device. Placement will not take up much space.
The soundbar is suitable as a compact replacement for a multi-channel speaker system. Plus, with it, you will be able to significantly expand the functions. If you like quality sound and cannot afford first-class acoustics, then get a powerful, literally piercing sound will be achieved by organizing a low-frequency passive buffer. Choose the subwoofer carefully, focusing on the power of the sound system of your car. Good sound is possible without the “clattering”, so much so that it annoys the neighbors and motorists nearby.