It is quite realistic to see phone on TV and output a video from YouTube or a conference presentation from your phone to the big screen. Depending on the capabilities of your TV and the operating system of your smartphone, you will need to make a few clicks or buy a special cable to understand how to display the image from your phone on the TV.
If you want to regularly mirror image from phone to TV, it makes sense to buy a smart set-top box, which will help you freely view anything you want on the TV. The selection of such gadgets is not insignificant now, just make sure that your TV has suitable outputs for the set-top box. You’ll also need to download a suitable program to connect it to your phone and watch phone on TV. Or you can use a built-in app like Apple’s gadgets. If you buy an Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to bring any kind of picture to the TV from your smartphone. So today we will take a look at the instructions on the question „how do I mirror my phone to my TV” and find out how to broadcast phone to TV wirelessly. Let’s jump in!
Let’s look at each method in more detail.
Method 1: How to Connect Your Smartphone to Your TV Via USB
Step-by-step instructions on how to connect android phone to non smart TV:
- Connect your phone via cable
- If it doesn’t connect automatically, press the “Source” button on the TV remote control
- Then select USB
- Confirm the connection on the screen of your smartphone
Method 2: How to Output the Image from The Phone to The TV Through an HDMI Cable
What you’ll need:
- TV with HDMI
- HDMI cable
- Adapter for your smartphone with the appropriate (depending on the model you are using) interface
- Built-in MHL media module in your smartphone. Without it you will not be able to display the image
How to connect phone to non smart TV with HDMI? One of the major disadvantages of this method is that during a call to your smartphone you will not be able to continue watching as long as the call is not ended and you can easily find out how to mirror iphone to TV.
- Connect the adapter to your smartphone
- Connect the LCD panel with the cable to the adapter
- Select “HDMI” as the source of connection in the menu
Sometimes it happens that the image still does not appear immediately, then you need to change the screen resolution setting in the settings of your smartphone
Method 3: How to Connect Your Smartphone to The TV Via DLNA
Let’s talk about how to stream from phone to a non smart TV. This digital interface was created specifically to connect different devices into a single digital network. Such devices can connect automatically when they are on your home network. In this case, a router that supports DLNA can broadcast the phone screen to the TV.
What you will need:
- A DLNA-enabled TV.
- A router that supports DLNA
- You must have an Android smartphone
- DLNA app you can download from play store
- Make sure your phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Turn on the DLNA feature in your TV settings
- Download a media streaming app from the play market
One popular app is BubbleUPnP for DLNA. You can use it to play media files from your smartphone on your PC, laptop, another smartphone, or even cloud storage.
Method 4: How to Connect Your iPhone To Your TV Via Airplay
If you are wondering how to mirror my phone to my TV or how to connect android phone to old TV, this protocol was designed specifically for Apple devices and came to replace the Apple AirTunes, in contrast to which AirPlay now allows you to broadcast not only music, photos and video files to devices compatible with this technology.
- Make sure that the iPhone and the set-top box are connected to the same network
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Select “Repeat screen” and select the “Apple TV” from the list.
Method 5: How to Connect Your Smartphone to The TV Via Miracast
Miracast is another popular connection interface, which was developed based on Wi-FI direct. The advantage of this method of connection over Airplay is that the direct connection between devices takes place without the use of a wireless router, that is, answer to the question how to connect phone to smart TV wirelessly. This allows you to stream high-definition bulk files without any problems.
What it takes:
To duplicate your phone’s screen to your TV using Miracast will require:
- A Miracast transmission module in your smartphone. Note that different manufacturers may have different names for this module. For example, Samsung has Smart View, while Huawei and Honor have Huawei Share.
- LCD panel with Miracast support
Method 6: How to Connect Your Smartphone to The TV Via Wi-Fi Direct
Here we will talk about how to connect smartphone to TV without cable. Another modern standard allows you to use a wireless connection between two devices without using routers. And when connected for the first time, the devices are able to determine which of them will act as an access point. Of the significant disadvantages, it is worth noting the low speed of sending files, so this pairing is more suitable for the transfer of small files.
- Turn on the wi-fi direct function on your TV
- Go to the WI-fi – Wi-fi Direct menu on your smartphone
- Select the name of your TV from the list
- Enjoy watching
Method 7: How to Connect Your Smartphone to Your TV Via Chromecast
If you are questioning yourself how to mirror my screen to TV, transferring an image from your phone to your TV screen is done using Google’s popular set-top box. An adapter that attaches to the HDMI port, designed to play streaming content using Wi-Fi.
What you’ll need:
- Chromecast device.
- The latest version of the Google Home app.
- TV with an HDMI connector
Step by step instructions:
- Connect your smartphone Wi-fi
- Download the application Google Home in play markets
- After configuring the app, the device will search and pair all the devices
Method 8: How to Connect Your Smartphone to The TV Via Tap View
How to connect android phone to normal TV? Samsung has implemented an interesting feature for its devices. Now all you have to do is touch any part of the TV with your smartphone for the pairing to take place between them.
- Make sure Smart View is enabled.
- Open the SmartThings app on your smartphone and go to the menu (three horizontal lines)
- Go to Settings
- Enable “Switch view or sound
- Bring the phone closer to the LCD panel or just tap it
- Tap “Allow” on the smartphone screen
As we found out, there are many ways to connect your smartphone today. Among them are both the simplest – through a cable and modern pairing through various built-in interfaces. I tried to cover the most popular of them, so that after reading you know exactly how to display the image from the phone to the TV and how to “pair” the two devices.
Leave a Reply