Wall-mounted acoustic systems significantly save space in the house. This is their fundamental difference from the floor-standing and shelf-mounted acoustic systems, which are not recommended for installation in corners or close to the walls. Acoustics on the wall is much easier to fit into the interior design than other types of speakers. Such a system is better protected from damage, it cannot be accidentally knocked over like floor-standing speakers. So, let’s talk about how to set up polk audio bookshelf speakers.
Table of Contents
Varieties of Wall-Mounted Best Bookshelf Speakers Under 100 And Under 200 For Home Theater
- Rectangular speakers are the most common. Most speakers are two-way, but true music lovers can pick up three-way speakers as well. A big advantage will be the presence of a switch directly on the speaker, which allows you to change its frequency response. Rectangular speakers can be distinguished by a very unusual design. For example, it is sometimes disguised as a painting or has a stylish glass surface.
- To get a larger sound, we recommend buying a wall speaker of the spherical type. The special design of the case does not prevent the sound waves from spreading in different directions, so the sound picture is more impressive. When decorating rooms, many designers choose spherical models – they can look very elegant and laconic or, conversely, attract attention.
- In terms of sound quality, compact wall-mounted speakers for the home can easily compete with full-sized models. A separate subwoofer, which adds bass notes and creates a fuller sound, will help to achieve this effect. Compact wall-mounted speakers are designed for small rooms: living rooms, bedrooms, offices.
How to Install Bookshelf Speakers?
How to correctly set up bookshelf speakers? As stated above, weight, size and power are the three main criteria that distinguish all speakers from each other. It is them that you need to consider not only when buying speakers, but also when choosing how to mount them on the wall. So, there are the following ways of fastening the speakers to the wall:
- use brackets;
- hang on the hinges;
- install on screws;
- installation on the rack.
Important! Particular aesthetes embed the speakers directly into the plasterboard walls, making special niches for them. The effect gets unimaginable: it seems that the sound pours directly from the walls.
For each option, there is a different set of tools and materials that will be needed during installation. Let’s consider the most popular and reliable method – mounting on brackets. This is one of the most durable mounting methods. Most often it is used if the space in the house or apartment is limited. In this case, you can not do without metal corners, anchor bolts, and chipboard.
The Installation Process Is as Follows:
- fit the corners by size, grind;
- Angles fasten to the wall with anchor bolts; it is the use of anchor bolts that strengthens the design, makes it enduring;
- On the corners to attach a shelf cut out of chipboard; the size of the shelf can be determined independently, the parameter depends on the size of the speakers.
If the speakers that you are going to hang on the wall are quite heavy, the construction must be strengthened, for example, using cement mortar. But whichever method of installation you choose, if you do not have experience and knowledge, it is better not to do the installation yourself, but to entrust the work to professionals.
An acoustic bracket for speakers will help to conveniently place the speakers on the wall. Every audiophile knows that the basis for obtaining a clear sound picture is the correct positioning of sound reproducing equipment in space. The high-frequency speakers should be at the same level as the ear. Today in this article you learned how to set up bookshelf speakers and subwoofer and we hope that everything was available!